Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fool

by Anna Louise

I wish this whole virus thing were an April Fool and all of us would wake up healthy, whole, and alive. I look at the spring buds and blooming flowers wondering about hope. We all hope in some way. I hope we do not lose hope.


It is such sadness and grievous when humans make it so much worse for others during a time of suffering. I do not know what else to call these times. Coughing on fruit and products in a grocery store or in a cop’s face or in a child’s face deliberately desiring to cause harm and possible death due to this spreading coronavirus. The invisible enemy becomes flesh and blood.

My wish and prayer in this blooming springtime is for this virus to dissipate and those many who are in its clutches and sickened recover quickly. That we all heal and rejuvenate. We become better humans. We all walk in beauty.

Navajo Walk In Beauty Prayer


“In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty behind me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty around me I walk
It has become beauty again

Today I will walk out, today everything negative will leave me
I will be as I was before, I will have a cool breeze over my body.
I will have a light body, I will be happy forever, nothing will hinder me.
I walk with beauty before me. I walk with beauty behind me.
I walk with beauty below me. I walk with beauty above me.
I walk with beauty around me. My words will be beautiful.

In beauty all day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.
With beauty before me may I walk.
With beauty behind me may I walk.
With beauty below me may I walk.
With beauty above me may I walk.
With beauty all around me may I walk.

In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk.

My words will be beautiful…”

-Walk In Beauty Prayer version attributed to Navajo, Author Unknown